Wednesday, September 30, 2009

merry little christmas



Can you believe there's only about 86 days until Christmas? I guess I'll have to start my shopping soon. Hard to believe. It is my favorite time of the year though. And with Christmas comes lots of Christmas cards. I think I have more Christmas stamps than anything. You can never have enough I say. As you can see, I chose some of those for this week's Splitcoast sketch challenge.

I really liked this sketch. I may have to do another card using it. I just picked a couple of the Studio G stamps from Michael's and colored the images with my Copics. Of course glitter goes hand and hand with Christmas cards. I chose some of BG's Figgy Pudding and a piece of Fruitcake. I kept looking at the houndstooth paper and thought it needed something. Should I back it with a piece of red cardstock? Should I trim it with the scalloped scissors? Then I thought sewing the edge would work, but I didn't feel like dragging out my machine so I pulled out some stamps I have not used in a long while that resemble ribbon and stamped the edge and embossed it with red glitter powder. Next I added the ribbon and charm then finished the loads of laundry I've been doing all day. Thanks for stopping by!

Merry Little Christmas:
Stamps: ornaments & sentiment (Studio G); zig zag ribbon (Hero Arts)
Paper: Papertrey Ink, Bazzill, Basic Grey
Ink: Black Memento, Versamark (Tsukineko), Distress Ink (Ranger Industries)
Accessories: Nestabilities, Copic markers, Quickie Glue Pen (Sakura), glitter (Stampendous), red glitter embossing powder (Mark Enterprises), ribbon, charm (Making Memories), foam tape

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is really cute! Love the little images and the Houndstooth bg.

9:17 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Powered by Blogger